New Scientific Advisory Committee of the Journal of Social Services and Social Policy from the General Council of Social Work - Spain
The Journal of Social Services and Social Policy is a scientific-technical journal, four monthly published by the General Council of Social Work since 1984.
Today the journal has established itself as the publication of social work and social policy with the largest circulation in Spain, reaching more than ten thousand subscribers.
You can get more information through the website in the section “Publications”: www.cgtrabajosocial.es
The General Council of Social Work decided to invite as international members of the Scientific Advisory Committee:
- LAURA ELIZABETH ACOTTO - Social worker. Vice President of the Internacional Federation of Social Workers from Latin America and the Caribbean - 2004-2010 (Argentina).
- MARIA LUISA IBOR ARRIAGADA – Social worker Coordinator of the Program MIA in psychosocial area of the Health Services (Chile).
- DAVID JONES - President of IFSW from 2006 to 2010. Social Worker. Inspector and Government Adviser. Safegarding Chidren and Adults at risk. Formal General Secretary and Chief Executive of the British Association of Social Workers (United Kingdom).
- KLAUS KHÜNE- Psychologist. Professor of Social Work in the University of Bern. Delegate of IFSW Europe (Switzerland).
- HENRY PARADA - Professor in the University School of Social Work of Ryerson (Canada).
- CRISTINA MARTINS- Social worker in the Portuguese Institute of Oncology of Porto, executive member of IFSW Europe (Portugal).
- JOSEFINE JOHANSON- Supportive methods to social work professionals, specialy to those who work with clients with additive and psychiatric problems, Sundbyberg, Stockholm (Sweden).
The roles of the Scientific Advisory Committee will be mainly to propose topics and writers for future journal’s issues, to assess and evaluate items arrived at the Council for their possible publication and evaluate potencial areas of publication.