Social Platform campaigns and activities
- Issue 9 of Engage now out!
Issue 9 of our quarterly four-page magazine was released this week. Download it right now, or grab your free printed copy of Engage at the Platform!
Poland presents EU presidency priorities
On July 1 Poland takes over the EU presidency. On May 31, the country presented its presidency programme, focusing on three priorities.
- Ministers confirm Single Market Act as main tool to reach Europe 2020 objectives
The Competitiveness Council confirmed yesterday the 12 levers contained in the Single Market Act to re-launch the internal market and reac
- h the objectives of the Europe 2020 strategy. The Council mentioned that SGEI play a key role to strengthen the confidence of Europeans in the single market.
EP public services intergroup meets with Judge Lenaerts: analysisMembers' News
At the EP Public Services Intergroup meeting on May 30, Koen Lenaerts, Judge at the European Court of Justice, gave his interpretation on art. 14 TFEU. Members can read our analysis.
&n bsp; AGE launches campaign on collective redress
- AGE Platform Europe joined forces with other NGOs in a campaign led by the European Consumers' Organisation (BEUC) to urge the Commission to move forward the discussions on Collective Redress, which have being going on for a long time without any concrete outcomes.
CECODHAS launches report on involvement of inhabitants for sustainable housing
To celebrate European Neighbours' Day, CECODHAS
- Housing Europe launched the report "The place of Inhabitan ts: Residents Participation in Creating Sustainable Housing and Neighbourhoods" , outlining the importance of involvement of inhabitants in decision-making and delivery of social housing.
CECOP launches campaign on sustainable employment
CECOP - CICOPA Europe launched a European campaign on the theme of sustainable employment highlighting the fact that worker cooperatives, social cooperatives and other types of enterprises owned by their workers allow a more sustainable type of employment.
COFACE releases position on family-friendly policies as prevention of child poverty
The Confederation of Family Organisations in the European Unio
- n (COFACE) releases a position on the role of family-friendly policies for the prevention of child poverty and the realisation of child wellbeing.
EDF welcomes Barroso's support of disability cause
A delegation of the European Disability Forum (EDF) met with President Barroso, who committed to ensuring the right enforcement of the UN Convention throughout the Commission.
The European Women's Lobby (EWL) and the International Planned Parenthood Federation European Network (IPPF EN) denounced recent developments in Hungary predicating a denial of women's basic sexual and reproductive rights.
FEANTSA welcomes call for European Homelessness Strategy
The European Federation of National Organisations working with the Homeless (FEANTSA) welcomed the commitment of the Fr ench Secretary of State for Housing to engage in a European Homelessness Strategy, and his call on the Commission to establish a steering group to guide its development.
Recent members' newsletters and publications
Events Job opportunities